So...in two days it will have been 3 YEARS since my last blog post! So maybe I'm not cut out for blogging. Or maybe I am and the time wasn't right. I guess we will see. My sister has been doing a blog for a while now and I enjoy reading it.
We recently moved from Hurricane to Lehi and something about being away from family makes me want to blog. I have also been TERRIBLE at taking pictures. Maybe if I have a place to post them I will actually take them. I haven't taken pictures of my kids dressed up for Halloween for 2 years. So sad. :( My kids will be grown and I won't have pictures to document these fun years. I sometimes feel like if I take pictures I have to scrapbook and I got over that a long time ago. My baby's scrapbook has ultrasound pictures-and that's IT! I have taken pictures but haven't printed or put them in albums. Sad huh! So, my goal in blogging is to document our lives somewhat and help motivate me to take pictures.
One thing I don't like about blogs is that it seems like everyone always posts about being perfect...having the perfect husband, kids, clean house, forever doing crafts, service, scripture study, work-outs, and living blissfully happy lives. I don't fall in to that category. If you come over on any given day (without notifying me in advance) you will find my house needing to be picked up. There is a good chance there is some fighting going on (forgive me on this one but I do have 4 boys). Things are not perfect but it's my life and I wouldn't change it. Luckily you will probably find a few laughs, smiles, and giggles. If you come in the evening you might catch us having family scripture study or prayers. We do try. We don't always succeed, but we try. I love my husband and my kids and I feel blessed. I have decided nobody has a perfect family and blogs are possibly an opportunity for us to look past the negative and focus on the positive.
So...I will try again. We will see how I do! I hope it's not another 3 years! :)
Hope of America
9 years ago
2 comments:
Love it! Keep doing it! It is a good way to journal. Plus I want to see pictures of your handsome boys!
I LOVE that your blogging! It's fun to hear what's going on with your family. We can't wait to see you guys next month!
Post a Comment