Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tanner Took 1st

I hate it when parents brag about how wonderful their kids are, but I am going to do exactly that today!  Tanner had his last wrestling tournament of the year tonight and he took 1st place!  The best part is he beat the kid that was so mean last time...TWICE.  He pinned him the first time (within the first minute) and the second time he won by 6 points.  

Tanner has done a really good job.  Wrestling is new to him this year and he has done so well with it.   I love that it channels his anger.  I bribed him a little last night.  His biggest downfall last tournament was that he just lost his cool.  I told him if he could go the whole night without crying or getting mad I would give him $1.  It was well worth the dollar.  He stayed calm the whole time.  I cared more about that then the winning.  However, I have to admit I was yelling pretty loud when he pinned the kid!  :)

Looking tough

At home with his medal

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture with his chest out! Nice Job Tanner! We were all clapping and cheering in Texas for you!

Ciera said...

Way to go Tanner! I hope that I can watch him someday.