I saw the ad online for an opening at One-On-One as an online affiliate manager. I called Nick and kind of forced him to apply telling him to keep an open mind and it didn't hurt anything to see what would happen. He was interviewing with another company at the time and was still waiting to hear back from them. 1-on-1 called him right away after he submitted his application and did a phone interview the next day. By the next week he made a trip to Lehi and the day after that they offered him a position. It was an answer to my prayers and we both felt that it was what we needed to do.
The hard part was leaving behind our families, neighbors, and ward. Luckily we are close enough to St. George that we will still be able to see our families and friends. It's sad to leave behind great friends because you never stay in touch like you wish you could. We had lived in our Hurricane house for just over a year when we moved. I have to say it was the coolest neighborhood ever! We would have block parties all the time and big-screen movie nights. We really miss those days!!! We have so many good memories from that neighborhood. Our ward was amazing as well. It's the first ward I've been in since my childhood that I've felt like it was really another "family". We have amazing friendships from that ward! My first week in this new ward I came home and bawled like a baby because it just wasn't the same (don't worry, I pulled myself together ). I think we will really enjoy this neighborhood we are in. I was so worried coming from such a great place that nothing would even compare. I can't really compare because it's just different, but I am very happy with the neighborhood we chose. I was worried about Carson making friends (he is shy like me). We pulled in with the moving truck at around 8:30 at night and a neighbor came out to see if we needed help. He had a son in 4th grade that came with him. Carson had made a friend before we went to bed that night-I was so relieved! The next day the kids had all made friends with the neighborhood kids.
I have made a few friends myself. I am so grateful to the women who have reached out to me. A smile and friendly hello really makes a big difference to someone who feels all alone. The women in my neighborhood have been so kind. As hard as it was to leave Hurricane I am so glad we did. We needed a change for our family and I feel like we've already grown as a family. Change is hard but good!
I decided to post a few pictures. They really have nothing to do with this post but that's okay, that's how things go around here!
2 comments:
Your blog made me cry! I love it!
I love your little Indians too!
I love that you're blogging! We sure do miss all of you.
Post a Comment