Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My #1 Helper

I have a LOT to post about from the weekend but that will have to wait for another day because quite a few pictures are on Nick's phone which is at the church (basketball night).  So...you just get what's on my mind.

I STRESS at bedtime.  I hate bedtime.  We always wait too long to start getting ready for bed and then I'm stressed.  I don't know why I can't relax about it.  Getting worked up doesn't change the amount of work that needs to be done.  Tonight I looked at the clock at 8:11 and realized how late it was.  We had just finished dinner and we were working on dinner chores (daylight savings has thrown me off a bit...normally dinner is over with much earlier).  Rather than helping the kids with homework after school I had decided to clean out the van...like a DEEP clean.  So here we are at 8:11 with homework not done, chores not done, and showers still needed to be taken.  AAAAHHHH!  Stress for mom!

I did chores while Nick helped kids with homework then sent them to shower.  While the older ones showered I got the little ones ready for bed.  Carson got ready and asked if I wanted him to read to the little ones while we were waiting for Tanner to finish showering.  Of course, that would be awesome!!!  I realize I forgot to switch Carson's bedding to the drying so I find other bedding that will work and go to switch his bedding to the dryer to find that Micah had been playing in the laundry detergent (luckily it's powder not liquid).  Laundry detergent was all over the floor and inside the dryer.  Just as I finish cleaning all that up and get the dryer going Carson comes down and tells me that both the little boys had fallen asleep while he was reading to them.  Thank you!!!  

Carson is such a big helper.  He seems to know exactly how I need help and always jumps in to help when I need it most!  He is AMAZING!  Reading to his brothers is not a huge deal but it meant the world to me and helped me survive the chaotic 30 minutes the surrounded bedtime.  I couldn't ask for a better example for the younger kids.  I am often amazed by Carson.  He is so obedient and just a GOOD kid.  It doesn't seem fair to me that he struggles with school and sports.  What comes naturally for the other boys he has to work for.  He works hard and usually without complaint.  Tonight I am grateful for such a great son and that Heavenly Father has blessed me with him.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love big brothers! That sounds like a typical night at my house. Are your boys doing baseball? We just signed up but haven't done it in years.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Carson! You are an awesome big brother!!!