Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Big 3-0

Last month I turned the big 3-0.  I really wasn't dreading it.  I feel older than 30 in a lot of ways.  It was the first birthday in our family since we moved.  I was feeling a little homesick for family and friends and wondering if I would be homesick on my birthday.  Well...the big day came and my boys and Nick spoiled me.  I got a rug that I have been wanting since we moved in to this house full of hardwood floors.  It's so nice to have some color.  They also got me candy and gift cards.  That morning there was a knock on the door and one of my new friends had brought me some goodies.  One of my visiting teachers offered to watch the boys for me so Nick and I could go to lunch.  I took her up on the offer and we went to Zupas (my new FAVORITE).  I have been craving it ever since!  Then my other visiting teacher brought me some chocolates.  Pretty soon one of my friends from St. George who moved down here stopped by with some chocolates.  A neighbor brought over some chocolate covered cinnamon bears.  I got lots of calls, texts, and fb messages.  I felt very loved, which is what I needed.  Some days are still hard in a new place but I realized that I do have people here that care about me. 

Nick grilled steaks for dinner and we took the kids to Trafalga in Orem.  We hadn't been to that one yet and the boys really liked the 3-D theater.  I discovered that in the last few years my ability to stomach motion rides has declined rapidly!  Nick and I were feeling a bit queasy when we left.  Cake and ice-cream topped off the night.  It was a great day-actually one of my favorite birthdays ever.  :)

Trafalga - Mom's birthday

2 comments:

Ciera said...

Sounds like a really great day!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sista! Post a picture of your new rug...remember the book Mom used to read us? "Rabbits New Rug" Glad you had a good Birthday!