Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Eve/Christmas

Christmas was very different for us this year.  We normally rush from one family to the next and life seems crazy.  This year it was just us.  It gave us more time to focus on family and Christ.  We had taken some pictures of activities we had done the week before Christmas but they were on the SD card in Nick's phone and he lost it!  :(  Sadly for him he was FORCED to but the new iPhone.  He was pretty sad about that as you can imagine! 

Christmas Eve we drove out to Herriman to see the Up house.  Micah kept calling in the Down house.  He makes me smile!  :)  We couldn't go in but it was still fun to see.  We came home and had our traditional soup for dinner.  We made and decorated sugar cookies and watched a movie.  We read the Christmas story out of Luke and sang some Christmas songs.  The boys got to open their PJ's.  They were so excited.  It was a really fun day.  
Christmas pj's
Christmas Eve night they all started out sleeping in Tanner's room (the younger 2 later went to their own beds).  I went in and laid by them for a while.  I enjoyed listening to them talk and hear the excitement in their voices.  It reminded me of myself when I was younger. Then Kyler started crying.  He was worried that Santa wouldn't be able to get in because we don't have a chimney.  I told him about Santa's magic key.  That worked until he was scared that Santa would be in our house.  I think he was just tired!

I was amazed that the boys slept in on Christmas until 7:45.  They wake up earlier for school!  It was so nice to not be tired all day long!  They were so excited that Santa had found us.  We opened gifts and went to church at noon.  I really liked having Christmas on a Sunday.  We came home and just played with toys and played games.  Nick's brother Josh and his family came over for dinner.  I have NEVER in my life had to prepare a whole holiday meal by myself.  It was kind of fun to do.  All in all it was a great day. 

I found this play table at DI for $5.  It had 2 interchangeable 2-sided tops that were mostly broken.  It became my project for the boys Christmas gift.  I bought lego plates from Barnes and Noble and made a lego table.  The other side (and around the edge) is a chalkboard.  I made one other top with Duplo lego paltes for the younger kids and left the other side blank because I never could find just the right thing. It was fun to make something for them and they have had a great time playing with it.  I LOVE having a playroom!





Zibits from Grandma and Grandpa Lancaster





I'm not sure why the best pictures are mostly of their little stocking toys but that's the way it goes.  We must have been videoing the bigger gifts.  :)  Hope you all had a great Christmas!

No comments: