Monday, December 5, 2011

Dinner FAIL

My sister hosted a pampered chef party back in July.  The consultant made a delicious pasta salad that I have been dying to try ever since.  I googled the ingredients and found a recipe that I thought sounded right (http://recipes-from-friends.com/pamperedchef/mandarin-pasta-salad.htm -for my peeps who were there take a look at this and see if it's what she made).  It called for a lot of ingredients that aren't staples at my house so I went out and bought them.  I spent quite a bit of time making it.  I finally mixed everything together.  It just didn't SMELL right!  Micah choked on his first bite.  I made a face.  Kyler complained.  Tanner refused to eat.  Carson actually got some down.  Nick was the best sport and even had 2 helpings.  He said it wasn't THAT bad.  I was so looking forward to it and it was a big disappointment.  I wonder if I even had the right recipe.  Now I'm just bummed.  Hopefully my next cooking adventure isn't quite so bad!  I guess you win some and lose some...

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Mine are mostly losing some! At least you tried it!

Anonymous said...

Hate to tell ya, I looked at the recipe and I think it was the right one. I did the same thing...didn't like it then I made it.